Saturday, September 19, 2009

I am smart and you are stupid.

I have a lot of complaints with games, mainly the behavior of some people online. Their actions seriously make me not believe in people sometimes. EXAMPLE ONE! If I am playing Gears of War 2 online, and you are on my team, pick me up when I'm down next t0 you! It's common sense, you should hardly even think about it. Secondly, don't steal my kill! If you are not on my friends list, you are not allowed to do it. I worked towards killing that alien/Nazi and if you take it from me I will do everything in my power to make the rest of your game miserable!
Note to game makers, if there is something in your game that I want to do, and I cannot, you did not complete the game. Take it back and finish it please. In this day and age if I can think of something that I want to do (Within the pretenses of the game, I'm not going to want to pick flowers in Street Fighter) I should be able to do it! I want to shoot myself in the foot in CoD (Call of Duty, I'm not repeating what CoD means so you better get used to acronyms) and hurt myself. I want to choose which way I cut you in half with my chainsaw in Gears of War then I should. If I want to have a commit suicide option in Left 4 Dead because the stress of the zombie apocalypse is too much for me then why can't I? And too every game designer out there, if you're thinking how to write a story for your game, play Mass Effect and take notes.

No comments:

Post a Comment